UC Berkeley Extension - College Foundations Program
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
$10,000 — $15,000 Session
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
City, Small/College town
Type of Housing
Residence Hall, Homestay, Apartment, Dormitory
TOEFL: 80 +, IELTS: Band 6.5 +
- Social Media
College Foundations Program
Academic Preparation for U.S. Universities
UC Berkeley Extension's College Foundations Program (CFP) offers qualified international high school students exposure to university-level coursework. This study-abroad opportunity challenges students with academic demands similar to those on U.S. college campuses.
Students can attend for one or two terms or a full academic year. No matter how long they stay, all students receive personal college admissions advising.
- 3-4 years High School or High School diploma
- English proficiency requirements
- TOEFL: 80 (iBT)
- IELTS Academic Format: 6.5
- Enrollment application
- Financial statement and certification (in English) dated within 90 days of application
- Proof of English language proficiency (see prerequisites above)
- Transcripts and copy of diploma, with translations if applicable
- Copy of passport photo identification page and expiration date
- $200 nonrefundable application fee
Courses start three times per year: January, July and September. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis in the order they are received. For specific dates, please see our website.
Estimated Program Costs
- 1 semester: $14,750
- Summer term: $8,000
- Room and Board are additional, and are the student's choice.
All fees are due in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice.
- Join other highly qualified high school students to learn about university life.
- Experience college-level courses
- Personal college admissions advising
- Classes are held near the UC Berkeley Campus in downtown Berkeley
What Is "Extension?"
UC Berkeley Extension is the continuing- and professional-education branch of the University of California, Berkeley. UC Berkeley is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). UC Berkeley Extension—like all other UC Berkeley schools, colleges and departments—is accredited by WASC through the University.
1995 University Avenue #110
Berkeley CA 94704