UC Berkeley Extension - College Foundations Program
- School Size
- Cost of Attendance
$10,000 — $15,000 Session
- Type of School
- Student Body Gender
- Religious Affiliation
- Scholarships for International Students
- Conditional Admission Available
Liberal Arts, TOEFL and Test Preparation, University Prep
City, Small/College town
Accreditation and Certification
Type of Housing
TOEFL: 80 +, IELTS: Band 6.5 +
- Social Media
College Foundations Program
Academic Preparation for U.S. Universities
UC Berkeley Extension's College Foundations Program (CFP) offers recent international high school graduates exposure to university-level coursework. This study-abroad opportunity challenges students with academic demands similar to those on U.S. college campuses.
Students can attend for one term or a full academic year. No matter how long they stay, all students receive personal college admissions advising.
- Join other highly qualified high school graduates to learn about university life.
- Experience college-level courses
- Personal college admissions advising
- Classes are held near the UC Berkeley Campus in downtown Berkeley
- High School diploma
- English proficiency requirements
- TOEFL: 80 (iBT)
- IELTS Academic Format: 6.5
- Enrollment application
- Financial statement and certification (in English) dated within 90 days of application
- Proof of English language proficiency (In some cases, the English-proficiency exam can be waived. Contact us with questions.)
- Transcripts and copy of diploma, with English translation if applicable
- Copy of passport photo identification page and expiration date
- $200 nonrefundable application fee
Courses start twice a year: January, and August. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis in the order they are received. For specific dates, please see our website.
What Is "Extension?"
UC Berkeley Extension is the continuing- and professional-education branch of the University of California, Berkeley. UC Berkeley is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). UC Berkeley Extension—like all other UC Berkeley schools, colleges and departments—is accredited by WASC through the University.
Estimated Program Costs
- 1 term: $14,750
- Fall and spring terms: $25,250
- Housing costs are not included in above costs
All fees are due in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. For updated dates and fees and full program information please visit the CFP page of our website below.
1995 University Avenue #300
Berkeley CA 94704